So, lately, I’ve been wondering about the point of view and how we perceive the events.
It got me to Perspective and according to the dictionary it means:
- the art of drawing solid objects on a two-dimensional surface so as to give the right impression of their height, width, depth, and position in relation to each other when viewed from a particular point. “a perspective drawing”
- a particular attitude toward or way of regarding something; a point of view.
“most guidebook history is written from the editor’s perspective”
|synonyms:||outlook, view, viewpoint, point of view, standpoint, position, stand, stance, angle, slant, attitude, frame of mind, frame of reference, approach, way of looking/thinking, vantage point, interpretation||“her perspective on everything had been changing”|
A story can be told from different perspective and events to, and it gets me wondering how would we decide which one is the right? And is there any right one?
Well, it defiantly depends on our point of view, but here are 3 things that would probably make us believe one version over the other
- We usually get attached to authentic versions, where we can relate in a way and see clearly the perspective of the other.
- In a way, it’s an emotional response that tracks us to it.
Energy and Vibes
- not sure how to describe this, but we do tend to follow passionate people and fully believe them since their energy consumes us with our even recognizing
- lately, it’s relevant in social media, but it always was there. Ever since human landed on this planet we’ve been following the storyteller listening to the story from one to another and getting the news and being updated.
For me this is the secret trio, the more we master these three points, people will adopt our perspective and would follow us. It would get us more engagement in a way and our story and perspective will be adopted and spread.